Car AC open to atmosphere for 2 years

First post!

I got a customer with a leaking condenser in a Hyundai Santa Fe 2006. Problem is that it has been open to atmosphere for almost 2 years now. I will of course run a series of vacuum pulls and brake with nitrogen but will the new dryer take care of what's in the PAG oil? What would you do? Will it be a good thing to do a second dryer change short after? Or do I have to drain the system from oil completely and put new in it?

Re: Car AC open to atmosphere for 2 years

I would drain and renew the oil and yes a second drier change could be a good idea.

Twin or single system ?

Thanks Fault code for your input.

It's a single system I assumed...I have not seen the car, just got info from a mechanic who found the leaking condenser.

New condensor New filter and a good overnight vacuum with a vacuum pump with fresh oil in it should be fine,don't forger to add a little oil to the ac system.

Comps are a bit prone to failure anyway speak to customer but options are change oil in pump new condensor drier is in condensor on these extended vac and gas or like cad says just make sure where condensor was leaking as water could of ingressed into coil which makes life interesting also when they have been empty for so long most of o rings go dry and leak

Thank you all for your advice! Auto AC guys really likes to flush the system with some kind of solvent but I'm really sceptical about putting in more stuff that shouldn't be in the system. My idea was to use nitrogen to blow debris in lines out. Will I benefit from using this solvent stuff?

Don't bother,I have done loads of trucks that have had holes in pipes condensor and our climate is wet never had an issue,like I said New filter New condensor a good vacuum you will be fine!