Hello Everyone,

we have a freezer floor which is 21 m2 inside meat factory, it's operation temperature is -18 C, it kept rising till it reach 25 cm, where we decided to stop it from working.

i have done some google and i have found the reason of ice building up below slab, so i suggested to repair the floor and install underfloor heating system, which i have no experience in such systems.

what i have found that we can install electric heating system or heating system using water mixed with glycol that operate by heat pump or gas boiler

for these tow different systems i have some questions:
1) what is preferred underfloor heating system using electric heaters or water with glycol? (pls let me know what are advantages and disadvantages)

2) what is the required energy flow by the system (i have read that it is 30W/m2, but i think it is little, am i right)?

3) how can we check and do necessary maintenance for the system if it would be covered with concrete?

4) does underfloor heating system affect the efficiency of freezing inside the room, or make losses for freezing unit?

5) what is the preferred for the floor, to use tiling or epoxy coating?

6) for the layers, i have read that floor layers order should be as following: (vapor barrier, slab of concrete 10 cm, insulation layer 15 cm, heating system, concrete slab 15 cm)? is the order right? any additional layers?

thanks for everyone who help little experienced man