Results 1 to 2 of 2
09-04-2017, 09:03 AM #1
PHE & Cooling Tower Requirement for Genset
My name is ikky and I am from indonesia..
I have no idea how to calculate PHE flow and temperature for Cooling tower. The objective are selecting PHE and cooling tower for genset for my design..
- Genset capacity : 2000 kVA
- Genset heat rejection to coolant : 60816 BTU/min
- Coolant Flow : 436 GPM
- Standard Thermostat (modulating) Range Degree F : 160~185
- Maximum Coolant Temperature at Engine Outlet Degree F : 208
- Genset unit without Radiator.
As Formula : Q = mc(Delta)T
and result, (delta)T = 5,123x10^-17 'C
But, as I know, difference temperature from genset and from Cooling tower is not 1.
Thank you for your help.
21-04-2017, 01:00 PM #2
Re: PHE & Cooling Tower Requirement for Genset
assuming the genset coolant is oil grade 40 (density ~800 kg/m3 and specific heat ~2,1 kJ/kg.K) your dT is close to 22 K. Anyway, it would be best if you share the oil properties and the oil inlet temperature.