Thread: See my photo

See my photo

Dear Friends,

Find my photo at attachment.
    I took a photo form somewhere. Would you please let me know why someone installed check valve on equalizer line of expansion valves ????

I know that expansion valve should be near the distributor and also all of expansion valve such as power and body must be under insulation foam, My question is just : Why someone installed check valve on equalizer line ? Is it true ? I asked him, He told me I have two valves (after and before of expansion valve) and check valve on equalizer line. When I want to change orifice I close these two valves and check valve do not let R22 to go out form equalizer line of system.

Is this think OK ?

Sincerely your.

444.jpg
    Last edited by A.Mortezania; 06-04-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Re: See my photo

Thats no good, a ball valve would be better, or just pump the system down. Its not like you need to work on the expansion valve that often.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

If it is a check valve, then it should be removed.
    It senses pressure near expansion valve for correct operation, check valve prevents that
    as the way described no pressure would reach TX valve.

Hi A
    As MS said get rid or it. Because it is installed in the vertical for it to operate it would need a spring and that would need a pressure differential to open so the pressure either side of the valve would probably be different, kind of defeats the purpose of having an equaliser line to a degree.
    I would ask how often the orifices have to be changed and if it is very often I would be looking for other issues in the system.
    Regards
    Paul
    Born to fish, forced to work