Thread: Beko cool54fs

Beko cool54fs

Hi there, I'm new here and hoping you can help.
    I'm based in the U.K., and while I'm not a refrigeration engineer, I am a practical person and I hope to fix the problem myself with a little guidance.
    I have a Beko cool54fs fridge freezer which has stopped working, there is power as the lights come on and the freezer fan works, but nothing is getting cold. It stopped suddenly a couple of days ago. When it's plugged in there is a repeating cycle of activity where there is an audible click, a short period of humming then another click, this repeats about every 2 minutes. I believe it is the ptc relay assembly, but the one I need is no longer available, Beko 8EA 19E61, I wonder if anyone knows of any equivalents I could use in its place, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree entirely. I have tested the the compressor windings with a multimeter and got readings of 2,2 and 4, which is correct as I understand it. I also checked for a short to earth which was fine. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Beko cool54fs

Sounds like the start winding may be damaged and the machine is tripping on its klixon. I assume this is a small fractional horsepower hermetic compressor, and if so you can get a universal relay replacement from one of the fridge wholesalers. Supco do a good range of universal relays which most of them stock

I had found the supco 3 in 1 relays online, but I was unsure about getting one as they seem to be set for US voltage and I'm in the UK which is 240V.

They are good for UK voltages ,try Dean &Wood they have Supco gear I know as I was Tech Manager there for some time . I repaired many fridges and freezers using Supco parts can't fault them

Are they trade only?

What area do you live ?