J&E Hall / Vilter Mono Screw

Hi all,

What can you say about j&e hall and vilter monoscrew?
    I think they have only one designed of the compressor, exept for the casing.

Guapo

Re: J&E Hall / Vilter Mono Screw

Hi guapo,

The single screw compressors are licensed from a French gentleman who owns the patents on the single screw compressor.

J&E hall and Vilter both own a license to manufacture these compressors.

Some of the developments for the screws are separate patents owned by the manufacturer who developed the idea. For instance, Vilter has the patent on the twin slide valve idea (one for capacity control and one for volume ratio control).

Grasso may also still be manufacturing these compressors.

Some of the single screws (or mono-screw as I hear sometimes) can use two different configurations. Vilter for example has compressors with two gate rotors or a single gate rotor.

With two gate rotors you actually have two compressors (one for each gate rotor).

Quote Originally Posted by US Iceman
    Hi guapo,

The single screw compressors are licensed from a French gentleman who owns the patents on the single screw compressor.

J&E hall and Vilter both own a license to manufacture these compressors.

Some of the developments for the screws are separate patents owned by the manufacturer who developed the idea. For instance, Vilter has the patent on the twin slide valve idea (one for capacity control and one for volume ratio control).

Grasso may also still be manufacturing these compressors.

Some of the single screws (or mono-screw as I hear sometimes) can use two different configurations. Vilter for example has compressors with two gate rotors or a single gate rotor.

With two gate rotors you actually have two compressors (one for each gate rotor).
    Hi US Iceman

Grasso have long since stopped the mono screw, they bought out KAB from East Germany, and now use these screws, a very strong well built machine, probably the best screw compressor and certainly the best engineered I have worked on.

With two gate rotors you have only realy one compressor, one rotor with two gates. This is the way to go as the forces on the rotor are evenly applied to the rotor, rotor bearings are very lightly loaded and last, well (I have seen them at 60k hours, needing replacement, but not damaged.

Kind Regards. Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

Hi Andy,

With two gate rotors you have only really one compressor, one rotor with two gates.
    You are indeed correct Andy. There is only one compressor housing. But the number of compression processes is counted by the number of gate rotors.

With two gate rotors you actually have two compression processes that occur simultaneously.

One gate rotor is compressing gas on one side of the main rotor, while the other gate rotor is also compressing on the opposite side of the main rotor.

On the Vilter screw you have the two slide valves for each gate rotor, so I always try to explain this as two compressors.

The slide valves are interlocked together so when one slide valve moves, the other slide valve also moves together.

The capacity slides are totally independent of the volume slide.

PS. Andy, do you have website address for the KAB compressors? Thanks.

http://www.grasso-global.com/Grasso_SC_series.66.0.html
    These are 3 pictures from KAB's we service.
    KAB is now member of the GEA group.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Thank you Peter. I will check this out.

Thumbs up Re: J&E Hall / Vilter Mono Screw

Guys, thank you for the information.

Guapo