Thread: Boiling Water

Boiling Water

Hi,
    I do hope that someone can help me.
    I have had a daikin altherma ht system installed connected to existing radiators. The heating works as expected except the domestic water tank keeps heating up to 70c, the set point storage setting is set to 50c. The disinfection operation temperature is set to 70c and set to come on at 23.00 on fridays.I have put a container under the external blow out pipe which collects half a pint every day,is there a setting that i need to adjust. i am a cctv engineer and am used to reading manuals and doing adjustments so can someone point me in the write direction,thankyou.

Re: Boiling Water

Have you tried dropping the storage water set point and seeing if the actual water temp drops?
    The differential setting could be wrong.

prv (blow out pipe) is stamped for say 3.5bar or 6 bar- check the system pressure on the altherma hydrobox is at 1 bar cold( like a combi boiler) also check all boost heater relays arent welded - as frank says lower the cylinder stat also theres an element in the top of the hydrobox too

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    also there's an element in the top of the hydrobox too
    Nice post Monkey.....

The heating element in the top of the Altherma doesn't have any affect on the cylinder temperature..it's to boost the heating circuit temperature during low ambients :-) but you knew this anyway x

Ooopps...just re-read the original post. It's a HT Altherma. No Back Up heater installed.
    Last edited by frank; 20-03-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Nice post Monkey.....

The heating element in the top of the Altherma doesn't have any affect on the cylinder temperature..it's to boost the heating circuit temperature during low ambients :-) but you knew this anyway x

Ooopps...just re-read the original post. It's a HT Altherma. No Back Up heater installed.
    Thankyou for replies,problem solved.I altered the weather dependent domestic water heating setting to off.This has'nt stopped the overflow problem but i can live with that.
    Last edited by frank; 24-03-2017 at 02:14 PM.