Anyone familiar with airedale units

Have got a call for tomorrow (unfortunantly) for an airedale unit not cooling at all and showing an unknown fault symbol? Didnt think they had fault codes and im wondering if theres common problems with these electric wise to look out for i imagine its one of them units that has controls for controls and will be a pig to work out. It will never be somethinf easy like a compressor not running or a fan motor not working and its gone on hp my lucks never that good and as its job 1 of 4 for tomorroe thought id seek some advice. Its an airedale easicool and has an airedale condenser about 25 metres away from it.
    Most of my prior work before this company was mitsi or daikin and theyre much easier to troubleshoot.

Also an update aboutThat climate center unit before, ended up that someone else had been there prior that didnt work for our company and shorted the system so needs a new fan motor lp switcch another pcb a contactor amd something else. Probably why i had such issues as I couldnt work out why so much wasnt working as the call would of come in way before all of that went wrong.

Re: Anyone familiar with airedale units

Hi Ben.
    I have sent you a couple of manuals which may help clarify things a little?
    Controllers are OEM badged carel PCO units.
    Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Ended up being compressor went there and the breaker was off for it turned it on started unit fan come on contactor pulled in for compressor for 5 seconds then breaker flicked off. Checked again when compressor contactor pulled in have the 240v off each phase and pulling about 60 amps off each compressor isnt doing anything so must be seized so ordered a copeland scroll compressor for it.
    Did unwire compressor contactor pulled in didnt knock breaker off so its got to be the compressor pulling so many amps and not even budging.

Well done Ben.
    It's always a good feeling to diagnose an issue and even better when you can prove it!
    Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

you sure it wasnt the contactor 2 phasing?? could be faulty contactor which would give the same effect of a siezed compressor- always test accross 2 phases ie red- yellow and yellow to blue- or clip current on each phase to prove it is the comp actually siezed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben23 View Post
    Ended up being compressor went there and the breaker was off for it turned it on started unit fan come on contactor pulled in for compressor for 5 seconds then breaker flicked off. Checked again when compressor contactor pulled in have the 240v off each phase and pulling about 60 amps off each compressor isnt doing anything so must be seized so ordered a copeland scroll compressor for it.
    Did unwire compressor contactor pulled in didnt knock breaker off so its got to be the compressor pulling so many amps and not even budging.

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    you sure it wasnt the contactor 2 phasing?? could be faulty contactor which would give the same effect of a siezed compressor- always test accross 2 phases ie red- yellow and yellow to blue- or clip current on each phase to prove it is the comp actually siezed
    Tested across 1 to 2 to to 3 and 1 to 3 was showing 410-415 and was 240 showing on each one singularly to earth thats on the other side of the contactor going to compressor.

So as far as i can tell if its 415 from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 etc and 240 off each one going into compressor the correct powers there?

yep - if you tested earth or neutral to 1,2,3 you could get a backfeed thru the windings to simulate 240v present when it itsnt- if that makes sense, always best to change contactor/overload when changing a pot- ac2000 did an 8 cylinder trane pot once- crane job at hmv mcr- i went 2 days later an pot knackered as they didnt change the contactors- still had the silver stickers trane id the electrics!- oops