Question Airtemp heat pump with restrictor orfice and Txv

I will be installing a new Airtemp heat pump and it is supplied with a restrictor orfice at the service valve on the outdoor unit. But my indoor coil I MATCHED IT WITH HAS A TXV.? Do I need both or should I remove the orfice from the liquid line ? Why would I need both types of metering devices ?The install instructions does not address this issue. They give you the tables on how to charge the unit with one or the other.? This is an R-410 unit.

Thanks for any help.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Airtemp heat pump with restrictor orfice and Txv

I take it that the indoor coil is the same manufacturer.

The restrictor is because most R410a unit do their expansion at the condensing unit and use the "liquid" line as the start of the evaporator when in cooling mode.

I would suggest a good look at the piping schematics to identify what is supposed to happen and where.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Thanks for the reply "mate" I just retired in April of 2014 , I was a mechanical Inspector at BWI Airport in Baltimore, Maryland. Our lead inspector is from UK, his Dad owned a Refrigeration and air conditioning company near you, Fletcher was his name. He just passed away in November. I worked with his son, Mark. The indoor coil is not the same manufacture. I will have to check into this some more.

Thanks for the suggestion brian. Your thoughts are helpful.