How to open front cover of Fujitsu AOYR18LEC indoor unit

Hi I'm new,

I just want to remove the front cover.

photo of my unit below:

I have removed the top part of the cover above the air intake but the front cover removal is confusing. I have the installation manual but the language is confusing and not proper english. I have removed 6 screws (3 underneath, 3 on the front), the cover is now loose and can move about a centimetre forwards but i can't seem to pull it off, I'm trying not to use too much force because it feels like it's being stopped by something. I'm trying to pull the bottom down and forward so that it hinges back at the top, but it gets stuck after about 1.5cm. But am i doing this wrong? is there a trick I'm missing?

thanks for any pointers.

fujitsu.jpg

from the installation manual:
    fujitsu-install-manual.jpg
    Last edited by samp; 03-03-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: How to open front cover of Fujitsu AOYR18LEC indoor unit

You need to release the cover from the top, centre right hand picture from manual.

If you can get to look at the top you might (might) see a couple of arrows or marks moulded into the cover. Either with fingers stuffed inside and pushing upwards you should be able to release it. If fingers don't work try slipping a flat bladed screwdriver in through the top slots so that you can get some leverage on the catches.

Be careful with the bottom of the case, they often catch on the moveable louvre blades.

Slowly does it whilst looking everywhere will get it off.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Thanks, it was indeed 2 clips holding it in top left and top right, middle one wasn't even clipped in to anything. The right one just would not come free even with a flat screw driver gently levering upward underneath the outer rim. eventually it did release but i think one of the clips might have broken. what a terrible design. thanks for your help.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Don't you just love plastic?

Glad you've sorted it.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015