Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Oil change

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    IRAN
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    2

    Oil change



    Dear Friends,

    When we buy fridge we do not change compressor oil for many years, But some one tell that we must change oil of compressor at for example R22 system after for example 500 operation hours.
    Which one is true ?

    Sincerely yours.
    Last edited by A.Mortezania; 01-03-2017 at 09:42 PM.



  2. #2
    Brian_UK's Avatar
    Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Dorset
    Age
    69
    Posts
    10,441
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Oil change

    Always check with the manufacturer what time/usage period they recommend.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015
    Please support http://the100project.net/Home

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    IRAN
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Oil change

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Always check with the manufacturer what time/usage period they recommend.
    Thanks Brian_UK

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,121
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Oil change

    Hi, A.Mortezania

    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mortezania View Post
    Dear Friends,

    When we buy fridge we do not change compressor oil for many years, But some one tell that we must change oil of compressor at for example R22 system after for example 500 operation hours.
    Which one is true ?

    Sincerely yours.
    Regarding lube oil change within some recommended time ... home fridges are out of this story ... it is a small closed system manufactured under special conditions ... very clear environment and clear assembling parts ... reason to last a (too)long time ... need to replace them because their outlook is old-fashioned ...

    Other custom made systems required (at least it is recommended by manufacturer) lube oil change by working hours, but the best is to examine lube oil in laboratory and then change if needed.

    Industrial systems are the same ...usually we have a big amount of very expensive lube oil and definitely not cheap to replace it.

    So the best is to check lube oil first.

    In your case I believe it is not a big amount of lube oil and suggestion is not bad. To protect your system it is better to replace lube oil together with filter drier/s.


    Best regards, Josip

    It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

    Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

    Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    IRAN
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Oil change

    Quote Originally Posted by Josip View Post
    Hi, A.Mortezania



    Regarding lube oil change within some recommended time ... home fridges are out of this story ... it is a small closed system manufactured under special conditions ... very clear environment and clear assembling parts ... reason to last a (too)long time ... need to replace them because their outlook is old-fashioned ...

    Other custom made systems required (at least it is recommended by manufacturer) lube oil change by working hours, but the best is to examine lube oil in laboratory and then change if needed.

    Industrial systems are the same ...usually we have a big amount of very expensive lube oil and definitely not cheap to replace it.

    So the best is to check lube oil first.

    In your case I believe it is not a big amount of lube oil and suggestion is not bad. To protect your system it is better to replace lube oil together with filter drier/s.


    Best regards, Josip
    Thanks a lot Josip

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •