Thread: Manometers

Manometers

Hi

Can anybody direct me to any other site that sells Meriam Manometers other than the company itself?
    I own a meriam mercury manometer, model 11AOWM 5'' range U-tube design. Accidently broke the glass tube while working with it, lucky me the mercury was still in tact. Check with the Meriam company whether they have the parts for the U-tube glass got jinx. I was informed about certain laws relating to mercury not covered in malaysia.They refused to acknowledge and address me. All I wanted was the empty glass U-tube for me to transfer the mercury over and than carry on utilizing the device. Anybody please tell me where I can get the U-tube replacement otherwise I will have to purchase a new vacuum analyzer. And I have to waste the mercury substance but I don't know how? Mercury are hazardous and insoluble. Help needed here.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Manometers

Hi, do you have any laboratory glass suppliers near to you. These people make the test tubes and other glass items used.

They can/will often make other things so it may be worth looking at them.

Try this link for names and addresses in your area..

http://www.kellysearch.com/my-product-53968.html
    and scroll down the page.

If all else fails and you have to get rid of the mercury then contact your local chemist/pharmacy they may be able to help.
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 15-05-2006 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Added link
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Re: Manometers

Hi Brian

Good Day to you.
    Thanks for the help,link and advice. Appreciate it.
    God bless you.