Panasonic CS-E24FKR problem

We live in a remote area and are having trouble with our Panasonic Inverter Air Conditioner.

It will not communicate with the remote. Remote has fresh batteries, screen is work and responds with pressing buttons. The remote will turn the other A/C on and off so I think remote is fine.

The inside wall unit when off but circuit still on will have green power light on and orange quiet light on.

I found out I can turn the air on with the back button inside the unit and it seems to cool fine. Quiet LED will flash for a bit then go solid again.

I do not have a service manual to check if LEDs mean any sort of fault. Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Ben

Re: Panasonic CS-E24FKR problem

Most likely you have a faulty "remote reciever pcb". Or something has chewed the wires to this pcb.
    I just checked big spares warehouse parts and states that it is no longer available. Panasonic may have some in stock. But if it's an old unit I don't like your chances sorry.

Cheers Keza

Re: Panasonic CS-E24FKR problem

As Keza has suggested it sounds like the indoor unit receiver pcb. As a last resort you could send it to these guys for repair, I have used them many times.
    http://www.modulerepair.com.au/