My boss keeps making silly decisions on things I recently went over to a pub with an old style hubbard cellae cooling system thats not cooling down. No gas in the system the compressor reviever set has rusted that you cant even open the service ports with the square key one i managed to open and had 10psi on the high side of a 134a system. The system is old now and I Believe that there will be further issues elsewhere other leaks etc and mt boss is saying to replace the compressor reciever set then pressure test the system wheres id replace the whole lot. The customer is not going to want to pay for the work if it has further issues after and have even asked me about a whole new system. But still my boss thinks he knows best and wants me to try and pressure test the system before changing anything now which isnt possible due to the rust preventing me from closing the valves off.

Why oh why cant people just listen I am going to end up moving job again after just 2 months here. I dont like putting my name to stuff that could go wrong afterwards and i full well know I will have the blame.

I recently went to another job that was low on gas and my boss had been there prior to change the lp switch and when i pressure tested it that is where the leak was from. 4 more turns I got on the nut. Didnt have the heart to tell him thats what was leaking but now I wish I did might bring him down a peg.