Looking for a challenge? Help me identify and replace this compressor!

Carrier used to manufacture a great RV rooftop air conditioner unit. I have several of these, and have been working on rehabilitating them. Normally they are the most efficient units compared to other brands, drawing about 13 amps while running. One of the compressors seems to have died, but I haven't been able to successfully identify the specs to try and replace it.

The model is a Carrier Air V, model number 68RV14113A
    From the placard on the unit itself:
    Part number 99-00468-33
    115 volts, single phase, 60 hz.
    System design pressure 350
    R-22 refrigerant, 23.3 ounce capacity
    Compressor RLA 10.8
    Fan motor FLA 2.43
    Nominal BTU capacity 13,500

Everything on the compressor itself:
    HH203-AL-057-A4
    R22
    LRA:54.0
    115vac@60hz
    100vac@50hz
    51 L2707 D2 063826
    80441913901 BC
    stamped in casing:
    TPB8044L2307
    027178 or B
    U2957 8 or B

Any help anyone can offer, I would much appreciate it.
    I would also love to replace the compressor with something that can soft-start if that is possible, as it would greatly reduce the load on the generator or other power source. I had the idea of using something like an inverter scroll compressor without a variable controller - so the compressor would (hopefully) soft start and run at it's full power on the same on-off cycle that the existing compressor runs with. Is this even possible?

Re: Looking for a challenge? Help me identify and replace this compressor!

You could try this company for spare parts.

"ORDERING INSTRUCTIONSAll orders and inquiries for parts must include: Unit Serial Number, Part No., description of part as shown on list andquantity required. Address all correspondence for parts to the following address or fax number:MAIL : CARRIER TRANSICOLD DIVISIONPerformance Parts Group, TR-20P.O. Box 4805Syracuse, NY 13221FAX: (315) 432-3778Replacement parts can also be purchased from your local AIR V distributor/dealer."

"18-50001-00 Compressor Assembly, Carrier Compressor (Prior to S/N 0804Y76000)
    18-50006-00 Compressor Assembly, Samsung Compressor (Starting with S/N 0804Y76001)
    NLA Compressor Assembly, Samsung, High Capacity (99-00468-28 Only)(18-50007-00) "
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

I will give a call to that Carrier distributor and check, but the last one that I spoke with said that there weren't any parts available from the Carrier distribution stream b/c they are no longer being made.

Thanks for the service manual too - I already have that though - and the only part numbers it has seem to be internal numbers from Carrier. Obviously this compressor would have been sourced from somewhere else, that is what I am trying to figure out, or just match the performance characteristics. I am guessing that it was a Samsung unit, but haven't gotten much further in my searching yet.

One observation I made of a different unit (I have like 5 of these) is that the 15,000 btu model is rated for 15 amps total draw... And when running, the compressor on that one had been pulling over 28 amps. Evacuating the system and changing the dryer before re-oiling and recharging got it down to 22 amps and great cooling... But it is still obviously too high of a draw. I suspect this compressor may also be on its way out.