Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK 63 ZE S1 motor and PCB failure

Hi, I am new to RE and this is my first post so bear with me. I am seeking comments and advice. I look after 17 SRK 63 ZE S1 split units in a Church building (including Chapel, hall and meeting room). These units are used for heating the building. The units perform very well but the maintenance costs are incredibly high. There is common fault and that is the failure of the outdoor unit fan motor. On average there is a failure rate of one unit every 2 - 3 month and is common across all the units. I have been advised as well as changing the motor, the (main)PCB has to be changed. To the church the reoccurring cost of repair is unacceptable. It's worth noting that for the the first three years there were no motor failures. I would like to ask the forum if they have experienced this problem? Or should the Church accept this rate of failure? Any advice would be welcome.
    Thank you
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 01-02-2017 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Moved to correct section.

Re: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK 63 ZE S1 motor and PCB failure

It is a week point on mhi the fans due to faults occurring on the 6,3 and 7,1 we have for twelve months been replacing both pcb with fans once this has been done you do get a good lifespan we changed loads under warranty but that's five year warranty scheme we have just changed fans but without board u get little life span usually takes out motor within 12 months I've always thought a fan takes a board out but on these I believe the fan takes the board then board takes new fan ta charlie

Quote Originally Posted by charlie patt View Post
    It is a week point on mhi the fans due to faults occurring on the 6,3 and 7,1 we have for twelve months been replacing both pcb with fans once this has been done you do get a good lifespan we changed loads under warranty but that's five year warranty scheme we have just changed fans but without board u get little life span usually takes out motor within 12 months I've always thought a fan takes a board out but on these I believe the fan takes the board then board takes new fan ta charlie
    Thanks for your prompt reply, the units started to fail at the end of their 3 year warranty. The installation is 7 years old. I will check the records and see if I have changed motors and PCB on any of the units more than once. The Church building is very cold this time of year when the units are not on. Someone told me that the ambient temperature should not be below 15 degrees C when the indoor units are switched on. Can you please clarify this for me?
    Last edited by UNIPLAS; 01-02-2017 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Missing word

They are less efficient but if ambient could not go below 15dc 8 months of the year you could not use them we fit several fans but not multiple ones on same unit could it be a case of units undersized and running full chat it's better to be speced correct for reliability ,problem with the inside of a church is they get very cold and maybe the units are just working to hard the other issue I had once was some condensors where mounted on a portable building and unit leaned over a bit water would come of condensor on defrost land on blade and due to ambient refreeze on blade then blow motor

In my office am also facing same issue. What is wrong with these people. Thank you!