Post Need advice Daikin VRV or Mitsubishi City Multi VRF or Other

I have found this forum very interesting and thank you for sharing the wealth of advice. I need your help to clear my mind of all the marketing and gimmicks of sales people.

I NEED your experienced guidance in making an informed decision.

My 3 identical projects need each requiring about 60 hp of cooling only installation. Total project size 180 hp

Installations in - Learning space - test prep center with front office, classrooms, offices, computer labs and library

No heating needed / Only cooling air conditioning to run near 23 degrees celsius with ambient
    temp outside at 45 celsius in peak summer and winters ambient outside tempr 24 celsius

Top discharge VRV / VRF systems with only Cassette type units of configurations 2TR 3TR 4TR

Operating about 12 to 14 hrs a day with 6 peak hours and rest on part loads.

Refrigerant piping distances are not a concern because they are short distances.

Priority - Lowest maintenance, Electricity savings, Great cooling, SUPER reliability.

Availability and my shortlist with good local sales, service & support - Daikin, Mitsubishi, Toshiba, Fujitsu aka GeneralIndia.

Budget - Need Top of line. Price no consideration. The quotes I have taken all above brands are priced pretty much the same excepting Toshiba which is much more expensive.

Additional notes: Mitsubishi is offering their cooling only range of VRF systems in India called as the Y series. http://www.mitsubishielectric.in/air...Y-series-1.php

All Mitsubishi units are 100% imported from Thailand
    All Daikin units are assembled in India
    All Fujitsu units are 100% imported from China
    All Toshiba are imported from maybe Thailand or China

Thanks. I need to make a decision in a couple of weeks.

Re: Need advice Daikin VRV or Mitsubishi City Multi VRF or Other

Mitsubishi YKA will be perfect if you need cooling only.

At present would not use Daikin Vrv 4, always been a Daikin man through and through but just recently been having a lot of problems on different sites

This is only my opinion based on my experiences

Quote Originally Posted by jalan View Post
    I have found this forum back drop very interesting and thank you for sharing the wealth of advice. I need your help to clear my mind of all the marketing and gimmicks of sales people.

I NEED your experienced guidance in making an informed decision.

My 3 identical projects need each requiring about 60 hp of cooling only installation. Total project size 180 hp

Installations in - Learning space - test prep center with front office, classrooms, offices, computer labs and library

No heating needed / Only cooling air conditioning to run near 23 degrees celsius with ambient
    temp outside at 45 celsius in peak summer and winters ambient outside tempr 24 celsius

Top discharge VRV / VRF systems with only Cassette type units of configurations 2TR 3TR 4TR

Operating about 12 to 14 hrs a day with 6 peak hours and rest on part loads.

Refrigerant piping distances are not a concern because they are short distances.

Priority - Lowest maintenance, Electricity savings, Great cooling, SUPER reliability.

Availability and my shortlist with good local sales, service & support - Daikin, Mitsubishi, Toshiba, Fujitsu aka GeneralIndia.

Budget - Need Top of line. Price no consideration. The quotes I have taken all above brands are priced pretty much the same excepting Toshiba which is much more expensive.

Additional notes: Mitsubishi is offering their cooling only range of VRF systems in India called as the Y series. http://www.mitsubishielectric.in/air...Y-series-1.php

All Mitsubishi units are 100% imported from Thailand
    All Daikin units are assembled in India
    All Fujitsu units are 100% imported from China
    All Toshiba are imported from maybe Thailand or China

Thanks. I need to make a decision in a couple of weeks.
    thanks for sharing
    Last edited by alicechan11; 22-03-2017 at 05:32 AM.