Refrigerant prices

I am aware that legislation has an effect but why are prices in the UK just jumping is it me that's not in touch,or are wholesalers just making a fast profit? The price between wholesalers seems like a Dutch auction,although I am within the eec how can I source refrigerant that is fully compliant to a the rules cheaper from within the eec substantially cheaper than the UK,it's not slightly cheaper it's in some cases 50% cheaper is it time to set up as solely a refrigerant supplier certainly the profit margin is making me think it's better than what I am doing now for sure!

Re: Refrigerant prices

Wholesalers here are holding off on increases until current stocks are gone, then i think a 10% rise.
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

I am going to stock up from my supplier,although it takes a week to get here the problem arises when I have to use local suppliers in an emergency situation,it's all relevant because my extra costs are passed on to my clients if their equipment needs the stuff to make their plant work so be it,but I still have to be competitive on my pricing,it's just a headache and profiteering by suppliers multi nationals just annoys me,but if they keep it up then they will be driven out of the marketplace the internet will see to that.

Most of our regular wholesalers have lifted their refrigerant prices by 10-15%, however with one of them, some flavours of refrigerant have been reduced slightly.
    I am not sure that it is the wholesalers that are completely to blame, as probably the chemical factories are implementing the price rise using the exchange rate as the excuse.
    Shop around and send all of your regular suppliers the prices you have been quoted from their competitors. We have found that this sometimes gains you some extra discount, if they want to keep your trade.
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

I have noticed that a dumpy bottle of R404 has gone up 42% since Jan 16 to now, is it Brexit ?.

We are in the early stages of refrigerant regulation under the Kyoto treaty.

We have agreed to reduce stocks of F-gasses by 2020 and finally by 2030 by as
    much as 80%.

If the stocks are reduced that much, the price rises and encourages people to
    invest in the new refrigerants.

This is the start guys, I'm old enough to remember banning refrigerants in the 90's
    this new one is not about banning them, it is about removing them through quotas
    and the quota system will reduce them in hugh amounts.

Look to the new low GWP refrigerants because the 400 range are going to get increasingly
    more expensive.

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

The regular updates of commercial refrigeration prices from suppliers are very important. Sometimes wholesalers doesn't cope up with ongoing industry trends.