Ecoair eco1816sd mk2 error

I have purchased a second hand unit eco1816sd mk2.

It had been decommissioned by cutting the pipes and cables and not even closing the gas valves so is empty.

I am self installing then getting it regarded and commissioned once I've installed it. After buying new 4m pipes from ecoair it has all gone well and I briefly turned it on to confirm all ok. Obviously not expecting any cooling without gas and only running for a few minutes. The unit works as expected and then after about 2-3 mins I get an error 6 and a red lashing power light (6 times).

Does anybody know what this error means, nothing in the manual, obviously I'm hoping that regassing will fix that but wondering if it could be anything else?

Voltages on the connecting cable look fine. N1 and 3 240 on both inside and outside unit and N1 and 2 110 inside and 99-100 outside.
    Last edited by Trevor-austin; 09-01-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Re: Ecoair eco1816sd mk2 error

Busy site

For anybody else searching I finally managed to get hold of EcoAir, E6 error code is a communication fault with the external unit, all sorted now.

Very impressed with their tech support, pointed me to a handful of likely causes based on their experience and it was the first thing he suggested.