york ducted rc high pressure issues

Hi. I am strugggggling to find the answer to this problem.
    R22 ducted reverse cycle - york unit
    Inefficient cooling is the issue.
    Rated amp draw 16.5a - single phase unit
    Amp draw is currently 17.5a
    Compressor has been wired DOL (start cap/relay removed and just runs off run cap), power to comp is correct and capacitor is ok.
    Ductwork, indoor and outdoor fans power, capacitors, coils and airflows are ok.
    Plenty of space around the outdoor coil and return air duct is not collapsed and r/a filter is clean.
    On cooling:
    Outdoor coil on 25 degrees C
    Outdoor coil off 39 " "
    Indoor coil on 25 " "
    Indoor coil off 19 " "
    Suction pressure kpa 475
    Discharge pressure kpa 1600
    Superheat 21k
    Subcool 8k
    Fixed oriface accurator style LRCD
    Unit is heat and cool

Yet sometimes when i equalise unit (when off) through gauge manifold, when the ynit starts back up the suction pressure drops down to 300kpa (after back running for a few mins) and everything else remains similar except super heat goes up by 10 degrees C.

Surely couldnt be short of gas because if i add gas head pressure and amp draw will increase further.
    Suspected possible faulty comp or rv but head pressure is a tad high rather than low and amp draw is quite high not low. Unit has an oil return and suction accumulator. But if oil return was leaky discharge would be slightly down? + the temps across either side of the solenoid are the same temp.
    No idea of unit history as they are new to the home.

Anyone got any ideas? :/

Re: york ducted rc high pressure issues

Quote Originally Posted by tim333 View Post
    Hi. I am strugggggling to find the answer to this problem.
    R22 ducted reverse cycle - york unit
    Inefficient cooling is the issue.
    Rated amp draw 16.5a - single phase unit
    Amp draw is currently 17.5a
    Compressor has been wired DOL (start cap/relay removed and just runs off run cap), power to comp is correct and capacitor is ok.
    Ductwork, indoor and outdoor fans power, capacitors, coils and airflows are ok.
    Plenty of space around the outdoor coil and return air duct is not collapsed and r/a filter is clean.
    On cooling:
    Outdoor coil on 25 degrees C
    Outdoor coil off 39 " "
    Indoor coil on 25 " "
    Indoor coil off 19 " "
    Suction pressure kpa 475
    Discharge pressure kpa 1600
    Superheat 21k
    Subcool 8k
    Fixed oriface accurator style LRCD
    Unit is heat and cool

Yet sometimes when i equalise unit (when off) through gauge manifold, when the ynit starts back up the suction pressure drops down to 300kpa (after back running for a few mins) and everything else remains similar except super heat goes up by 10 degrees C.

Surely couldnt be short of gas because if i add gas head pressure and amp draw will increase further.
    Suspected possible faulty comp or rv but head pressure is a tad high rather than low and amp draw is quite high not low. Unit has an oil return and suction accumulator. But if oil return was leaky discharge would be slightly down? + the temps across either side of the solenoid are the same temp.
    No idea of unit history as they are new to the home.

Anyone got any ideas? :/
    We have a team of experts whose taking care of these kind of issues. Kindly visit us at Qshvac.ca

Re: york ducted rc high pressure issues

Quote Originally Posted by ColeMaude View Post
    We have a team of experts whose taking care of these kind of issues. Kindly visit us at Qshvac.ca
    All good, got it sorted. Unit was abit short of gas, added abitta gas, brought down the superheat and as the room temp came down due to better cooling efficiency the suction pressure came down abit and then the discharge pressure went down to an acceptable level. Back to normal.
    Thanks anyways though!