Thread: Parker Zoomlock

Parker Zoomlock

Parker/sporlan zoomlock - a press fit type copper installation system is due for lauch soon in the UK. It looks good, saving on hot works, has anyone any experience of this type of system? Apparently it's been available in US for some time now. I've spoken to a few plumbers who are using a similar tool for their trade application and they rave about it. I' m eager to try it and have arranged a demo, it's rather expensive though..

Re: Parker Zoomlock

These quick press/clamp type fittings are booming in the plumbing trade here, not very popular in fridge, i think there are still too many odd connection sizes that they find it awkward to deal with, like case connection is metric but piping is imperial. I still think a braze is quicker)
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Useless for refrigeration piping.
    Will only last for short time. Vibration of the compressor will cause leaks, I wouldn't touch it with a laser pointer.

if you read carefully you will notice the company provides limited guarantee with regard to fittings.

If the fitting fails the company wouldn't provide leaked gas, repair cost or the food one has lost due to no cooling during the repairs. Parker would provide only the new fittings.
    Instead brass screwed fittings is a better option and time tested, though cost is on the higher side.

Quote Originally Posted by chemi-cool View Post
    Useless for refrigeration piping.
    Will only last for short time. Vibration of the compressor will cause leaks, I wouldn't touch it with a laser pointer.
    I see a huge potential for A/C and A2W heatpump installers. I also think the refrigeration world is a bit conservative but markets are blending and this type of connection will gain popularity in no time! I pressed one myself 2 days ago on the Chillventa exhibition in Nürnberg, Germany and it is sooo easy. Yes I believe this will be a hard seller! Regards, Staf
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by staf View Post
    I see a huge potential for A/C and A2W heatpump installers. I also think the refrigeration world is a bit conservative but markets are blending and this type of connection will gain popularity in no time! I pressed one myself 2 days ago on the Chillventa exhibition in Nürnberg, Germany and it is sooo easy. Yes I believe this will be a hard seller! Regards, Staf
    Be my guest, please, have a go on a few systems, high and low pressure and come with reports on leaks.

hookster is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Mapress works really well on wet pipe systems, the Parker fitting looks the same except with a longer lead in extension. In theory it should seal and remain sealed. I would like to know the o-ring material as this is the key.
    The Reflock system before was on till 2 years down the line then it leaked and you were unable to repair the leak cutting out the join and adding a further two joins for every leaking join.
    The resin system started to fail.
    The Parker relies on the o-ring seal, I still think a double o-ring was the way to go to reduce leakage path but we shall see.
    If we dont try progress we would still be beating rocks together to get the perfect implement.
    I love the smell of Ammonia in the morning!