Manitowoc ice machine issues with making ice.

Looking at a Manitowoc ECS041AG that is not making ice, possibly could have had gas issue in the past. I have replaced the drier and capillary tube(same length and ID) vacced and weighed in the correct gas charge of 134a as stated on nameplate. suction pressure on startup is about 30psi and towards the end of the cycle around 20psi cycle time is about 12 minutes SST seems a bit high to me? by the end of cycle very little ice has been made just shells 1mm thick. no access for head pressure reading. looking for some advice as i haven't done much work on ice machines, Cheers.
    Last edited by Alex T; 25-12-2016 at 10:41 PM.

Re: Manitowoc ice machine issues with making ice.

If you are happy with the charge, try turning off the water pump and watching the cycle (dry) to see if the controls are working correctly, measure the evap temp close to the thermostat bulb and also note the temperature during the harvest cycle.
    Location, United Kingdom

According to the service manual, cycle time should be approximately 25 to 30 minutes, depending on the ambient and water temperature. You seem to have an early harvest issue. You should check the thickness thermostat function.
    If you can give me your e-mail address I can send you the service manual for Manitowoc EC series ice makers

I have a Manitowoc indigo IYO454A-161X that has long harvest codes and is over freezing and not dropping ice. I have run the clean cycles and everything looks fine but the ice piles and builds around the sensor. It's only 3 years old and has been properly installed and maintained. The T3&T4 codes and temperatures are fine as well. Could this be a sensor? The back coil and filter is clean too...