Good evening gents,

I do not usually go near ice machines as I simply don't have the experience, however the above machine is on one of our contract customers sites and so I have been asked to work on it...

I originally found it with no gas. Nice and easy I though. Found and repaired leak, new drier, good vacuum, weighed in factory charge. Next found bin stat failed and holding system out. Nice and easy I thought...New stat fitted and away she goes.

Next problem is that ice only forms halfway along the drum with the last half only producing slush. This can be improved by opening the AXV but this results in liquid flooding back to compressor. After lots of to and fro on the adjustment screw of the valve find a happy medium whereby 80% of the drum forms ice with no liquid flood back. This the best I can get out of it. Water pressure is fine, unit level and even water distribution of the drum. Anyway although only 80%:capacity customer very pleased even if I'm not totally satisfied and machine running without fault for last 2 to 3 weeks.

UNTIL today. Called back as unit has stopped working. Find cut out on drum rotation fault and drum jammed stuck with solid ice. Switch off and clear all ice. Start system and within 30 seconds thick solid ice has formed on first half of the drum and jammed drum again. Repeat this a few times and same problem after 30 seconds each time. I didn't get much time to spend on this today as the same site had more pressing issues but I am due to go back tomorrow currently feeling pretty clueless as to what might be the cause???

ANY ideas, advice or manuals for this machine would be HUGELY appreciated

Many thanks in advance
Rob