What recovery machines are compatible with A2L refrigerants?

Hello,

Do you know the models/names of recovery machines currently on the market that are able to recover the flammable A2L class of refrigerants? If so, could you reply with some names please?

So far I've found the Javac Altima and the Promax RG-6E.

I'm in the market for a recovery machine for automotive purposes that can recover R134a but I would like to also future proof my purchase to be able to recover the A2L rated R1234yf that will start to take hold more widely in the next few years.

I'm currently doing as much product research as time will allow and so far I have found the 2 listed above. I just wondered if I could benefit from your greater experience and ask forum users what machines they know of.

Whilst on the subject, is it acceptable for me to use one machine for both types of refrigerant assuming appropriate purging of the machine between types (and dedicated hoses, manifold etc.)?

Or should I be looking to get a dedicated A2L compatible machine just for the R1234yf recovery? What are your views on this?

I know that many of you deal with a multitude of different refrigerants and presumably its not practical, economical or feasible to be carrying a machine dedicated to each refrigerant type. However, I wondered if I should be looking to take additional precautions though due to the A2L rating.

Thanks
    Mark

Re: What recovery machines are compatible with A2L refrigerants?

I am not sure about the difference between the manufacturers. R-410 is the only exception due to high pressure.

I work for many years with USA made Mastercool.
    My solution of switching between refrigerants is a quick flush with nitrogen

Got a mastercool twin turbo few weeks ago and it says its compatible with r32 which is a2l rated

Thanks for the replies so far

Blog Entries

Hi
    I work with H2 to pressure it to 150 bar in 5 stage .
    we flash it with N2 in every 30 minutes to drain water and oil .
    N2 is best for high flammable gas

To be fair any recovery machine will do as the whole point of recovery / reclaim is to contain the refrigerant not release it to atmosphere. The there seems to be some scaremongering going on

I thought that the issue with the A2L refrigerants was that the recovery machine had to be certified not to ignite the refrigerant during recovery, and its not an issue of containment as such. The "standard" recovery machines aren't designed to handle flammable refrigerants and as such it isn't a problem if the switches spark during operation, for example.

Although I do see what you mean in that any recovery machine should not be leaking refrigerant out of its system in the first place to even be present around the switches and thus shouldn't be there floating about the circuitry anyway