Hello,

Do you know the models/names of recovery machines currently on the market that are able to recover the flammable A2L class of refrigerants? If so, could you reply with some names please?

So far I've found the Javac Altima and the Promax RG-6E.

I'm in the market for a recovery machine for automotive purposes that can recover R134a but I would like to also future proof my purchase to be able to recover the A2L rated R1234yf that will start to take hold more widely in the next few years.

I'm currently doing as much product research as time will allow and so far I have found the 2 listed above. I just wondered if I could benefit from your greater experience and ask forum users what machines they know of.

Whilst on the subject, is it acceptable for me to use one machine for both types of refrigerant assuming appropriate purging of the machine between types (and dedicated hoses, manifold etc.)?

Or should I be looking to get a dedicated A2L compatible machine just for the R1234yf recovery? What are your views on this?

I know that many of you deal with a multitude of different refrigerants and presumably its not practical, economical or feasible to be carrying a machine dedicated to each refrigerant type. However, I wondered if I should be looking to take additional precautions though due to the A2L rating.

Thanks
Mark