Thread: Space Air gone

Space Air gone

I had some trouble contacting Space today. Their website was not showing and every phone number not answered. Then one of my emails came back to me:

"Unfortunately due to Space Airconditioning plc being forced into Administration, this email will no longer be checked.
    With sadness"

Blimey!

Re: Space Air gone

Are we talking the Daikin distributor, didn't see that coming you normally hear if a company is in trouble.

Article in the Cooling Post 4 days ago saying they had shut with immediate effect. Seems they tried to get Daikin to buy it but Daikin Japan vetoed it. Feel bad for everyone there coming just before Xmas.

It's never good to see a company go, especially for staff to be made redundant before Christmas.

For years and years I tried to deal with them, but for whatever reason they would only give me a credit account with a ridiculously low credit limit and the prices they did quote me were often extortionate even though it was via a pro forma. It was as if they didn't want my business and i couldn't understand why.
    Price enquiries would take a life time to come back to me if they did at all. I've no idea why.

Checked their details on the Web on Sunday...makes for interesting reading. Some £998K negative balance sheet with a 12 month guaranteed cash injection by Neil Affram. Seems like the 12 months was up and he refused to put any more money in.

He registered Space Conditioning Ltd on 11th November as a new company.

Let's be honest Neil was a bit of a chain smoking C. However he did know daikin and made the market for them-and Japanese ac - in the UK. I used to buy everything from them, their tech (ob-wan etc) was very good. answered quickly and would phone you back and they could trace a unit history with the serial number. DUK take note

However I had a few run in's with them over the years and when they cancelled my account I wasn't too bothered. Still another great name in Uk HVAC gone..

Heard they supplied 20% of Daikin equipment in the UK, wonder what will happen for people with outstanding orders?

They will appear again do not worry,unless they owe you money.