Hello everyone,

I’m a long time forum lurker, first time poster. I’ve been searching the forums and generally researching information, it really is a wonderful site, with masses of expert knowledge and experience.

Now I’ve buttered you all up I wondered if I could ask my first question that I can’t quite get to the bottom of by searching old posts, however I apologise if it has been asked and answered before but I have missed it.

As per the thread title: What would be the optimum sized vacuum pump for the evacuation of vehicle A/C systems?

After various readings, I've discovered the concept of too quick an evacuation causing the moisture to freeze rather than be removed.

I was about to buy a Javac 141 5CFM pump but now I wonder if this would be too large for vehicle applications and I'm worried it may freeze the moisture in the system rather than removing it as a vapour.

Could someone educate me please as to either an appropriate sized vacuum pump or a method for calculating/estimating the size of vacuum pump necessary for cars?

Thank you very much indeed for your kind help.

Regards
Mark