Thread: Receiver tanks

Receiver tanks

Hi guys,

Would you please someone help me to understand this matter better ?
    Please find my photos, I can understand that we have two kinds of receiver tanks that at first one liquid line fed from up and at the other one we can feed liquid line form bottom.
    But I can't understand why surge receiver tanks don't do any effect on quality of sub-cooling but normal receiver tanks may can do ?

Thanks

11 2.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg
    Last edited by A.Mortezania; 21-10-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Re: Receiver tanks

Hi Mortezania,
    In a normal receiver the sub-cooled liquid from the condenser contacts the liquid and vapour at saturation in the receiver and "looses" it sub-cooling before it leaves the receiver to the installation.
    In a surge receiver the sub-cooled liquid from condenser can go directly to the installation and by that way can maintain the sub-cooled state.
    This happens because when we have in the same volume simultaneously liquid and vapour of a substance, the equilibrium state requires that both the liquid and the vapour are at the saturation point. To obtain that with liquid sub-cooled it is heated to condense some vapour and with superheated vapour it is cooled to evaporate some liquid.
    CDuque

Re: Receiver tanks

Quote Originally Posted by cduque View Post
    Hi Mortezania,
    In a normal receiver the sub-cooled liquid from the condenser contacts the liquid and vapour at saturation in the receiver and "looses" it sub-cooling before it leaves the receiver to the installation.
    In a surge receiver the sub-cooled liquid from condenser can go directly to the installation and by that way can maintain the sub-cooled state.
    This happens because when we have in the same volume simultaneously liquid and vapour of a substance, the equilibrium state requires that both the liquid and the vapour are at the saturation point. To obtain that with liquid sub-cooled it is heated to condense some vapour and with superheated vapour it is cooled to evaporate some liquid.
    CDuque

Thanks for your explanation , i got it