Compressor Sizing??

Been a while since I've posted on here but need to pick the brains of the experts 😁 I need to replace a Danfoss SC10G compressor, it's LBP but it's Low Start torque and high start torque?? I've never come across this before? It's usually one or the other? I'll be fitting either Tecumseh or Acc to replace it, I know the displacement is around 10cc, it's just the start torque I'm dubious about, the job is a long distance so don't want to take any chances 🤔
    Thanks in advance

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Compressor Sizing??

It depends on the starting method I believe.

Comp data.... https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...hHm998G_U4Qi5g
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi dude
    It depends on the systems expansion device i.e. Capillary tube use Low Starting Torque electrics , expansion valve use High Start Torque electrics.
    LST Electrics are normally just a PTC Relay only
    HST Electrics are normally a potential relay plus start capacitor and maybe a run capacitor
    If in doubt fit the HST electrics as it will always start the machine , whereas if you fit the LST in error you will get starting problems

Thanks for the replys, it has capillary as expansion device but original compressor has a start capacitor! I'll go with the HST to be safe, thanks ��