mobile remote servicing

Does anyone know or use an inverter in their service vehicle to provide 240volts ac to power recovery machines vac pumps,the reason I ask we have to install and maintain plant which sometimes does not have easy accessible mains supply,and what power inverter is used any help links would be appreciated.

Re: mobile remote servicing

i had a 3kva inverter - over 1kw you need to power off the battery direct- bear in mind tho pulling 4amp at 240v ac is around 80amp on the 12v dc side- so your batterys arent gonna last long

I use a flying lead from the outdoor unit supply to a 3 pin extension socket via RCD when on a roof when power is available to the outdoor unit (or adjacent unit).

Never thought about using an inverter in the van as the lengths to the roof may be a little too far

3 kva invertor wired via 60 amp fuse running of 1x heavy duty 100 amp battery when I'm using it i have a trical charge solar panel and if van won't start normally what I'm on has big batteries usually mother batteries if they won't allow me 240 on site I have a 12 volt Danfoss comp we used that has been rigged to work as a vac pump or reclaim not a great vac but does the job on bulldozers diggers and plant

There are small generators, petrol operated and 1000W, just over 1HP is very helpful at operating all our machines.

Its also good for home emergency power brakes.

Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)