troubleshoting with VI frick TDS283S

Dear, I use a compressor frick TDSH283S, the problem that arises is that the internal volume control does not work mechanically, electrically and electronically work. raises the temperature of the discharge and increases the motor current. indicates only 2.3

What I can do

Re: troubleshoting with VI frick TDS283S

Nh3ci,
    have you tried recalibrating slide stop & slide valve on Quantum panel?
    Try that to see if all valves are working & potentiometers on both slide stop & slide valve.
    Check Parker directional control valves as well & if suspect change valves.
    There is a valve on the side of machine that can isolate oil into slide stop, if closed should stay at minimum Vi.

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER1 View Post
    Nh3ci,
    have you tried recalibrating slide stop & slide valve on Quantum panel?
    Try that to see if all valves are working & potentiometers on both slide stop & slide valve.
    Check Parker directional control valves as well & if suspect change valves.
    There is a valve on the side of machine that can isolate oil into slide stop, if closed should stay at minimum Vi.
    estimated, review the position indicator VI is locked and this is not really indicated the position of the slide, we determine when the motor current increases and increases the discharge temperature that indicates to me that raises the VI. replace both vickers valves and the problem remains. We had to leave the saw in manual mode so that the slide does not move.
    that mechanical problem may have the stop slide the position indicator locks?

Hi Juan, I do not know what you have control system, assuming that FRICK PLUS, please check the rod slide valve and slide stop, then you need to calibrate, sometimes a headache. I'm not sure that you do not move SV and SS, look at the problem in the transfer potentiometer.
    I hope that helps.
    Josef.

Quote Originally Posted by nh3cl View Post
    estimated, review the position indicator VI is locked and this is not really indicated the position of the slide, we determine when the motor current increases and increases the discharge temperature that indicates to me that raises the VI. replace both vickers valves and the problem remains. We had to leave the saw in manual mode so that the slide does not move.
    that mechanical problem may have the stop slide the position indicator locks?
    nh3ci,
    If I understand correctly you can hold position of slide stop in manual?
    If this is the case slide stop either out of calibration, or slide stop potentiometer is suspect.
    If old type of potentiometer you can remove it's cover & inspect, maybe even check operation.
    Also easy to change.
    If new type easy to change, but requires package to be pumped down.

How many run hours on compressor since last strip down and inspection.