R23 refrigerant precautions

Will my standard recovery machine be able to recover this refrigerant? Will my Testo 557 gauges and hoses be able to withstand these extreme pressures? The supply house said it requires a special steel high pressure tank that requires a large refundable deposit but a large freight charge also, and the gas is about$66/# our cost.
    This unit is an environmental chamber unit made in Korea. The high temp side is 404a, no big deal. Anyone worked on a similar cascade system?
    Will I need a special recovery tank?

My wife says I don't listen to her....or something like that....

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: R23 refrigerant precautions

Yes, you need the correct cylinder.

If the gas charge is small, as they often are, just evacuate the cylinder and suck the gas out that way.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Re: R23 refrigerant precautions

I recovered the gas and had the tank packed in ice, didn't go over 146 psig. I was surprised. Recovery tank still went to 250. Problem being the charge should have been about 8.8 lbs, only recovered 1.35 lbs. The South Korean company went belly up. The compressor was a Copeland R22 with mineral oil. About 2 tons with a 40f coil but when it gets lover so does the capacity to just under 1/2 ton at a -10 coil. There is no rating available below this, I'll need about a -50 coil. Copeland told me today R23 is not approved in any of their compressors. They further said the one the manufacturer installed is a high temp and medium temp compressor only. Misapplication...
    Some company must be making compressors for it. What is the issue To be contemplated? The compressor I was planning to use was the same but it comes with POE oil ( required for R23) The old one was a bad burn out, only lasted 3 years. It held a pressure test overnight. Where did the gas go? Was it ever charged properly? I don't know. Copeland says they have a compressorthat could work but their cascade compressors are R404a. Would I need a different TXV? This also appears to have three AEVs on the suction line and the diagram calls them a cap tube. It also has two SOV's that feed the evap coil, one to the TXV and one that looks like it has no metering device at all, so it's a two circuit coil to the evap.any insight and advice would be highly appreciated...
    My wife says I don't listen to her....or something like that....