Sea water cooled ACU tripping on HP

Hi wonder if anyone could help. I'm working on a sea water cooled ACU, system was short of gas on arrival. I reclaimed what gas was in it (6kg) charge weight is (14kg). OFN tested the system fixed the leak then vac'd the system down to 2 torr. I then fully charged the system. The system was running fine for about 3hours but then started tripping on HP. I've check water flow and return which is fine. Any suggestions, I was thinking there may be a blockage in the system somewhere.

Gas R417A
    Copland Scroll compressor

Re: Sea water cooled ACU tripping on HP

Hi Dar90,

Is there a water regulating valve on the system? I came across a similar problem not long ago and played around with the valve until I got the correct setting to maintain the correct head pressure. Usually controlled by the discharge pressure on the fridge circuit.

Although I only work on offshore oil rigs I'm guessing this is the same in most water cooled systems

Cheers

Hi kegsalad

Yeah there is a water regulating valve on the system. I'm going to back flush the water supply to make sure there is no build up of scaling. I only work on offshore oil rigs stuff as well. Hopefully its just a water problem.

Cheers

Hello,

Sounds like a good idea, a lot of that stuff is old and will be pretty clogged up. Let me know how it goes.
    What rig are you on? Just out of interest

Cheers