Hi All,

We have recently taken delivery of a rather dated piece of kit in a hope that we can give it a new lease of life.

We have a Heraeus Votsch VM08 capable of cycling temperatures at -80/+180°C which we got for a very reasonable price on ebay (groans all round...)

The unit was built in 1989 and used R22 and R13, both of which are obviously banned. There is a note under the nameplate which states it was filled with R23 at some point, presumably replacing the R13. If the system still has R22 inside and does need charging, is there a suitable alternative that will work in the same loop?

We appear to have some warnings and more when we turn the thing on, is there anyone that has a knowledge of these here? Forgive me, but i am not a refrigeration engineer and actually joined the forum when i purchased a vapochill pc case...

The company i work for are very keen to get this bit of kit up and running, we are based in Norfolk, UK so if anyone can be of any assistance, even to point us in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. If you need further information, picture or anything, please just ask.

Thanks in advance,
James