Lightbulb Reefer Monitoring System

Hello guys,

I've been ready many of the posts here in the forum but I haven't got any solution of what i want to do.

I want to know how can I make a monitoring system of reefer containers in order to see the actual temperature on a computer. I did a research and found some devices that can connect to the Reefer through a communication port (5pin as I saw it) such as the WRAD from "rtelectronics" and the WAM-D from "mark-itservices" they have their own software to communicate with their devices. My question is, can I connect my own device, such as a microcontroller, to that port? If so, Does he has his own protocol?

I don't want to buy a device that is already done, I want to create my own communication board that establish the communication with my own software by rf or wifi. I don't have problems with the software or the remote communication.

Another question: Do I have to use the same port or the Reefer containers have another port like RS232 or something?

Here is the picture of the port:

container.jpg

Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Reefer Monitoring System

I've found a video similar of what I want to do.

Hello,

Did you find any solution for this?
    We are interested on doing the same.
    Where are you from?

Regards,
    José

Can you please tell if you could find the protocol of communication with Microlink 3? Thank you.If there is something to help write to the mail german11vn@gmail.com
    Last edited by gera1981gera; 24-03-2017 at 10:01 AM.

This external retriever port requires a protocol specific to each reefer manufacturer and those manufacturers only provide that protocol to some companies like Orbcomm, Emerson, RTE and some others Each of those companies has a commercial solution that allows shipping lines and terminal operators to access and control reefers remotely. It can be backwards engineered I'm sure but it won't have the support of the OEMs. I have a lot of experience with the Orbcomm solution which now owns the WM/Mark-It Services technology