Best fault finding courses

Hi every one

Im looking yo do these two courses image.jpg

Hasany one else done these and did it give a good understanding on fault finding? Is there any better ones out there? Im based in the uk

Re: Best fault finding courses

Fault finding is something you get into your veins during work.
    It takes time, be patient. Most important is to understand exactly how every unit works, good knowledge in electrics and electronic controls.
    To become an expert you need time. If refrigeration and AC is in your guts and your mind is open for different ideas, then you will get there.

Good luck to you.

I was an electrician before becoming an air conditioning installer. I am now currently working my way towards becoming service and maintenance engineer. Obviously time on site is the best way to learn, but im looking to get a better understanding of how it all works, what are the symptoms of certain faults etc. Then i can put that all into practice on site. Any tips, sites etc that will help me work towards this would be much appreciated.

Hi Daniel
    As Chemi said get to know how everything works.
    If you know how something is supposed to work then you will know when it is not working properly and the the trick is to know what to do to get it working properly.
    General rules of fault finding,
    Know how something works.
    Determine what it is not doing.
    Work out what you need to do to get it to work properly.

As Chemi said it takes time to develop this skill.
    These courses tell you how something works and what some of the faults may be but every system is different and these troubleshooting guides are good and will point you in the right direction but you will have to solve the problem.
    Use the old saying if at first you don't succeed try again.
    Regards
    Paul
    Born to fish, forced to work

Hi Daniel.
    Any form of training is beneficial, even if only to confirm what you already knew sometimes.
    I have yet to find a training course where I have not learned something.
    In answer to your question I have done advanced fault finding courses with Daikin.
    They were very good and very professionally ran.
    I could not fault them, Mine were at the Brtistol training centre.
    Although I believe their trainers travel around to different centres of theirs?

Good Luck Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

If you work on Daikin stuff then sure, probably be helpful, field codes, having a fiddle with it, etc. You'd need to keep doing it to keep it fresh in your memory, otherwise when the time comes a year down the line tend to have forgotten most of it, or is that just me?

If you just want to get an insight on how 3 pipe AC works then instead of paying for the Daikin try another manufacturer that does it for free (I know Fujitsu does). It will still be manufacturer specific but at least you can pick brains about the fundamentals. Main bit is how the box works and you can figure that out from the service manuals, Daikin is good for that.

With any course I've done stuff always crops up not on the trainers notes so wherever you go I'm sure it will be beneficial, just be wary about costs.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Thanks for your replies guys! Ill be booking myself in for daikin and mitsy as i know there the most popular these days!
    I didnt even know
    Some of them do free courses �� Il have to go and book myself up for some of them