Thread: Daikin itm

Daikin itm

I have a daikin itm which I am trying to connect 220 bedrooms to. Remote for each room. I also have the expansion packs. There is 21 outdoors on site.

Is it possible to connect so many outdoor units to the itm as I have read it can only take 10 outdoors max.

Thanks in advance.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Daikin itm

A quick read of the various manuals for ITM shows registration number up to 127 for the outdoor units.

Personally for that size system I would be tempted to employ Daikin to set it up or at the very least provide layout wiring schemes.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

I think it's 128 indoors or 64 groups. Not sure about outdoors. What have you an ITM and 2 expansion packs?

Quote Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
    I think it's 128 indoors or 64 groups. Not sure about outdoors. What have you an ITM and 2 expansion packs?
    Yes 2 packs . Just looking to find out how it is wired when you have more ten outdoors.
    Usually you would loop outdoors and bring one cable back to itm and loop to expansion pack

Hi ballvalve, the simplest way to look at it is you can have 64 units per central controller, i tend to label them a network, so ITM would be network 1, expander 2 would be network 2 etc, if you have 220 units i'd expect to see probably four central controllers/networks or maybe five dependant how you can divide the outdoor units/indoor units onto each network

four central controllers would give you 256 group addresses
    three central controllers would give you 192 group addresses (not enough for your 220 rooms)

Don't be to concerned on the outdoor amounts, you'd then wire each network seperately from the central device and then link the outdoor units that you've allocated to that network on F1-F2 central terminals, usually a job this big would have had some wiring schematics before work commences. Good luck!