Sodium chloride percentage for brine solution for block ice plant need help

Hello guys!!!

Can Any body knows exactly what is the ratio of salt to be added to water in making a brine solution for block ice plant with a brine temperature of -14 Celsius. The reason I'm asking is because I have a problem in our ice plant. It use a copper coil submerge in salt water but it start corroding the copper coil and become to have a pinhole or sometimes a big ones. By the way I measure the percentage of salt by weight its is around 15% to 21 %. I went to other ice plant to ask if they encounter the problem i have right now they said no.. All the submerged copper coil there using is all in good condition and there no sign of copper corrosion. They are 20160406_112522.jpg20160406_112546.jpg20160406_112631.jpgusing 12% of salt by weight.

Also which is better rock salt or sea salt in making the brine solution.
    Last edited by ruben; 08-08-2016 at 04:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Sodium chloride percentage for brine solution for block ice plant need help

Hi
    it is about % 24
    put one egg in brine water
    it should floated in that and comes up from brine about 1" circle or 1 Cm above brine
    Last edited by mbc; 02-09-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Re: Sodium chloride percentage for brine solution for block ice plant need help

http://www.cool-info.co.uk/brines_st..._refrig01.html

PH alkalinity levels could effect it & calcium chloride common for brine.