Hi All,

Novice here so apologise in advance for my ignorance on AC matters!

I have a Fujitsu ARY14ELA/AOY14EMA AC System that uses R407C & feeds into my upstairs bedroom. The system was fitted about 7 years ago. It is a Ducted system that has 3 diffusers in my bedroom ceiling with the ducting & metal box in the attic which is connected to a Compressor/Condenser fixed to an exterior wall of the house.

Although it has honestly been lightly used, it has never broken down or had any issues - still works to this day but I noticed it kind of struggled to cool the room down as quickly as it used when we had a few really hot days recently. When the temps are not so hot, it seems to cool normally.

Another issue I have had is that my room get covered with dust extremely quickly - it drives me absolutely insane - one can clean the room spotlessly & the next day, a dust layer has already formed on everything - I have no idea why it gets so very dusty so quickly. This happens even if I close off the diffuser vanes.

I have to be honest here - my AC has not been serviced or cleaned in the years that I have had it & I am wondering if this might be a reason why it seemed to struggle to cool down as quickly as it used to when during very hot temps? Could my room dust problem also be down to the system possibly needing a clean?

If a service & clean is warranted & needed:

1) What sort of costs am I looking at with the sort of system I have?

2) How can I ensure I get a honest & qualified person to do things properly & not some cowboy posing as a pro as I know no-one in the industry - sadly the guy who fitted it is no longer around.

3) How would I know if he has done all things needed - is there some sort of list/reference that one can refer to for AC servicing/cleaning so that I ask them about & tick off? I just do not want be at the mercy of their word due to bad experiences with unfamiliar workmen in the past!

4) The ducts in my loft are the flexible silver ones - there are 3 of them - would they have accumulated dust & stuff inside & would they need cleaning & would that be done as part of the service?

5) I guess my system is pretty old by today's standards but how much worse it is in terms of energy use & cost to operate compared to newer ones?

Very sorry to ask so many questions & for the long post but am hoping to educate myself on the matter & not get ripped off as well so would dearly appreciate any help & advice!

Many Thanks,
Bazzy!