Carrier V400 Pepsi Fridge - Producing warm air

Hello,

I am new to this forum and was hoping somebody could give me a solution to my problem.

I was given a Carrier V400 pepsi fridge from my newsagents last year as they were getting a new one and needed to move the old one on, to which i was more than grateful for it. The fridge has been working fine for the past year without a glitch, however i have just got back from my holidays to find the fridge is kicking out warm air and not cold anymore.

I am a qualified electrician and everything appears to be working fine, but obviously not being a refrigeration engineer i have no idea on the next steps, so if anybody could give me any pointers or ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Marky

Re: Carrier V400 Pepsi Fridge - Producing warm air

Is the compressor hot or cold? Is the condenser fan running? ( External fan near the condenser.)
    Is there any current draw from the Compressor?
    I have no idea what a Carrier V400 is, guessing it's a single or 2 door display Fridge, similar to Orford or New Zealand's Skope display.
    We can move on when questions ^ are answered
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Hi,

Yes the compressor is hot and the fan is running too. Not sure what is meant by current draw? It is a single display fridge, typical soft drink fridge around 6ft tall with a pull out tray at the bottom where all the gear is

Thank you for your help

Call out a refrigeration engineer sounds like you need a hands on technician to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post
    Hi,

Yes the compressor is hot and the fan is running too. Not sure what is meant by current draw? It is a single display fridge, typical soft drink fridge around 6ft tall with a pull out tray at the bottom where all the gear is
    A hot compressor means it is either running or trying to run. Use your ammeter and check for power consumption on the compressor only. Look for compressor RLA not LRA on comp specifications. If there is NO reading on your ammeter or an intermittent spike exceeding RLA and then nothing, pull the plug and test the start Capacitor. A Fluke 117 can measure uF.

Cadwaladr. He says he is a sparky. Just giving him a chance to sort possible electrical issues
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Thanks so much for the help, I will be sure to check all these out and hopefully get some joy.

Cheers

Sorry for the late reply, just been so busy recently and not had chance to check things over. I have checked the current with my ammeter and it says 0.3A, now I presume this is not right? Also I don't have one of those metres that can measure uf.

I have also just pressed In the gas release valve and nothing came out so do I presume it needs re gassing?

I think I will have to throw the towel in on this one and get a professional out. Typical tight arse sparky trying to fix it

If anybody reading this is in the Leicester area and fancies the job then please do get in touch or if u can recommend anybody it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your patience and support, top people .

Cheers

Marky