nevgee is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Resetting Samsung remote controller

Have a Samsung AVQ18PSBN which has had indoor and outdoor pcbs changed. The IR remote requires recoding. However, there are 36 codes to input into a controller with only 20 segments. The Sequences being Auto on 00; Cool On 00; Dry on 00; Fan on 00; Heat on 00; Auto Off 00;Cool Off 00; Dry off 00; Fan off 00; Heat off 00: Which is 20 segments
    HRP tech help are struggling with this one so, has anyone done this before?
    Last edited by nevgee; 09-07-2016 at 03:29 PM.

Reality is an elusion created by alcohol deficiency. Quaff and enjoy. [Yorkshire, UK]

Re: Resetting Samsung remote controller

I thought you got the answer to this yesterday?

Anyhow,
    First, it is not the remote that needs the code, it is the new indoor unit PCB that needs to be told what unit it is fitted to (one spare part PCB fits many different units).

Then, the 36 digit code you got is actually 2 codes in one. It is the first 24 bits you are interested in and as we can't change bit 1, 7, 13 or 19 we can omit them when we enter the codes making the code you need to program in 20 bits (which is lucky as there are 10 pages to program the code in on and each got 2 bits visible).

For example:
    If the code you been given is:
    0 1 2 3 0 5 1 7 4 2 1 D 2 7 3 2 3 C 3 7 2 6 0 0 0 3 4 7 4 3 1 1 3 F 4 7
    Then the code for you to program in will be:
    12 - 30 - 57 - 42 - 1D - 73 - 23 - C7 - 26 - 00
    ( - =page break)

After you entered the code in to the remote you have to transmit it to the indoor unit by pressing the ON/OFF button, remember to transmit it TWICE. (After you sent it the first time the indoor unit will reply "that is not the code I'm programmed with" so you then send it again to tell the unit "I know but I am an engineer as well as a bully so you do what I tell you to").

Only if the system not works after you entered the first 24 bits do you need the rest of the code and then you just have to repeat the exercise above but with bit 25 onwards. (again omitting bit 25 and 31)
    From the example above this would be:
    34 - 74 - 31 - 3F - 47
    If you exited the service mode of the controller to check if the system worked before you entered this 2nd part of the code then you can transmit it to the indoor unit now, if not then make sure the remaining 5 pages all got the bits set to 0 before you transmit this 2nd part.

Hope this helped.

Last edited by The Viking; 09-07-2016 at 06:12 PM.

nevgee is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Re: Resetting Samsung remote controller

Thanks for the reply. All makes sense in the end, unit is up and running everything back to normal.
    Reality is an elusion created by alcohol deficiency. Quaff and enjoy. [Yorkshire, UK]