best brand split system for seas side areas

Hi guys just after some thoughts for best brand split sytem for sea side towns
    Is there a coating you can put on condensers. Have used coul coat for commercial refrieration evaporators, could this work. Victoria Australia is the location

hookster is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Re: best brand split system for seas side areas

All brands are pretty much the same!
    I would just get the coil Blygold treated which is an Australian product and popular in the UK for preserving condensers in seaside locations.
    I love the smell of Ammonia in the morning!

Daikin mate, they can spray the coil for you before delivery

hookster is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Daikin, I guess the coating is from the oil spraying out from the leaks on the condenser coils?

http://www.advancedengineering.co.uk/easycoat/

For a split get a can of coil protection, spray can does not penetrate as deep as commercial applications like Blygold etc. but it all helps.
    I love the smell of Ammonia in the morning!

allan Guest

hi , i would like to know the procedure how to replace discharge gas sensor in carrier 30gx chiller
    Last edited by allan; 08-07-2016 at 09:06 AM. Reason: adding one word

allan Guest

hi , i would like to know the procedure how to replace discharge gas sensor in carrier 30gx chiller

Allan,
    It might be best to start a new thread in order that your request could be seen and replied to.
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

In uk by gold it you may have a different brand in aus but same protection and recommend regular washing of coils as far as brands go we fit toshiba at mo and we are surrounded by salt water at least when they are on heat they wash thereselves I personally won't fit any more Daikins got feed up fitting condensors when u get lg units outlasting um something is wrong the tosh kit with there protection and by gold your only fault then will be the metal covers rusting out

Quote Originally Posted by hookster View Post
    Daikin, I guess the coating is from the oil spraying out from the leaks on the condenser coils?

http://www.advancedengineering.co.uk/easycoat/

For a split get a can of coil protection, spray can does not penetrate as deep as commercial applications like Blygold etc. but it all helps.
    I know the units your referring to. It's the RZQS this is because people have sized the units wrong causing the coils to split

http://www.refrig.com/Product/Aeroso.../defender.html

Best material I have ever laid my hands on, you can protect the coil, the housing, the valves, two coats and you will be protected for many years.

I'm afraid I've had more than rzq leak, vary from small splits to vr units when daikin technical came down they said the same...... speced wrong the bad news for them at the time was they speced them then they seem to run away from it ......was getting seventy quid from them to fit condensor on vr systems including labour 410 oxy nitro and diagnosis it got two more to do now fitted in 2010 funny that we are fitting loads of kit now they seem to want to touch base again going back to cool original question go with where you get best support ta Charlie

With regards condenser coil leaks on Daikin units, like everyone else we have had quite a few split. Three coils on the same system!
    Daikin investigated and said it was due to expansion and contraction of the discharge pipe when the compressor satrts and stops!
    Apparently it is more noticeable on systems used in Comms Rooms where the design of the system is near to the actual load input.
    A modification was carried out by the Daikin engineer to 'optimise' the system.
    Read into this, change a few dip switches to derate the 12 Kw unit to 10kW thereby keeping the unit running for longer periods of time.
    Have to admit that since this modification was carried out about a year ago, no more problems from this system.
    However we also noticed that the latest repalcement condenser coil has a different part number to the original ones, so maybe there has been a subtle design change of this part.
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperion View Post
    A modification was carried out by the Daikin engineer to 'optimise' the system.... changed a few dip switches to de-rate the 12kW unit to 10kW, thereby keeping the unit running for longer periods of time..... We also noticed that the latest replacement condenser coil has a different part number to the original ones, so maybe there has been a subtle design change of this part.
    That does sound fishy. The Inverters are supposed to ramp down to match the load and would not need to go off-on to deal with a lower 9-10kW load. They ramp down to about 60%-ish, so I am sure they can ramp down from full load (12kW) to 10kW without any problem - or, well, they should be able to do that. Sounds like the Daikin excuse was for the old on-off equipment. Very strange.

As you suggest, my money is with the new coil having a different part number, designed differently to the first batch --- splitting because of expansion??? Well, the unit was not properly designed/manufactured to accommodate normal expansion is what that means. What about spring time in an office when kit is on lowish loads? Shameful.

(If I get a jobbie in the Daikin range of prices, I go with Mitsi Electric - I refuse to cough up for Daikin kit these days with such poor after sales customer service. Being non-D1, they will not answer my calls and we have to seek help from the distributors, which is not so good. And Daikin was not always brill.)
    Last edited by Good^Man; 10-07-2016 at 12:43 AM.

Thanks for all the responses. I will use Bly gold. Would a coating of fish oil work. ( non odur) i have heard people spraying it on metal cladding.

Blygold is a good product.
    Put a extra coat of paint where you can,on the fan motor support for instance .
    And. Spray the back of the pcb with a laquer suited to the job.
    We did this on a akin a few years ago. And this one goes to sea on a boat.
    It has as small cover on the top. And a spray dodger on the side .
    Was still going strong when I last saw it.
    These days I like the quality of Mitsubishi electric ,the base. And casing seem to be thicker.
    I cringe when I take the cover off a new dakin twin fan and watch it wilt.