Daikon Ftk25jv1nb fault.

Hi, I am new to this forum and I would appreciate it if someone out there can help me.
    I have a Daikon Ftk25jv1nb Air Conditioning unit displaying a fault as follow:
    1) If I switch the it on, it works perfectly, but only for 10 minutes or so. After that the green power light starts flashing and the unit stops blowing and vents close.
    2) If I switch unit off and back on, there is no change, it's green power light continues flashing but the unit does not function.
    3) However, If I switch off at the main circuit breaker, wait 30 second and switch on, it will function again, perfectly, for 10 mins or so as per item 1) above, then it stops again.
    4) I have done Fault Diagnosis on my remote controller and it indicates fault H8 (CT abnormality) on outside unit is the problem. I have 2 indoor units and both perform the same way.
    5) Because of where the outside unit is located, it needs a special high rise platform to get to.
    Could someone out there please help. Before I bring in the heavy squad I would like to know how serious this is and what is causing this problem.
    Please help, thanks in advance.
    Mick.
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 07-07-2016 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Thread moved to correct section.

Re: Daikon Ftk25jv1nb fault.

When it starts flashing press and hold the cancel button . Then keep pressing the cancel button untill you hear a long beep. This will be the fault code

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by Deano240 View Post
    When it starts flashing press and hold the cancel button . Then keep pressing the cancel button untill you hear a long beep. This will be the fault code
    Please read item 4 in the original post.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

If the fault won't reset with main power off then you need it checked, below is part of troubleshooting guide:

6.35 DC Voltage / Current Sensor
    Abnormality
    Remote
    Controller
    Display
    H8
    Method of
    Malfunction
    Detection
    DC voltage or DC current sensor abnormality is
    identified based on the compressor running frequency
    and the input current.
    Malfunction
    Decision
    Conditions
    „ The compressor running frequency is above 52 Hz.
    „ If the error repeats, the system is shut down.
    „ Reset condition: Continuous run for about 60 minutes
    without any other error
    Supposed
    Causes
    „ Defective outdoor unit PCB
    Troubleshooting
    Replace the outdoor unit PCB.
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Hi Guys, thank you for the responses.
    Re the unit, as per point 3) in my original. To add a further bit of info. I switch off at mains and await 30 seconds then switch back on. I restart the unit and run the fault diagnosis on the remote controller - pressing CANCEL on time section - and I get a long beep on 00 code indicating all OK - IE no fault. However, if I continue to cycle through the list of fault codes, after a few minutes, the long beep comes on H8 as per my original. Shortly after that the unit will fail.
    A further bit of info is: the system is 13 years old, is situated in a holiday home in Italy and it gets little use. Only 4 years ago, the outside PCB was replaced, at a cost of 700 euros and it would not have had more than 300 hours use since.
    So you can appreciate my concern.
    Thanks again in anticipation of your response.
    Best Mick.

13 years old. Probably time for a new system

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Please read item 4 in the original post.

Cheers Brian. Not that I needed to be told that though. I couldn't delete my post. I see it afterwards. But thank you