Daikin fan motor testing

Hi everyone,
    I have been attending alot of u4 faults on daikin inverter systems and all of them (about 20 now) have blown the inverter board from the fan motor. The problem I have is when I get on site with this fault code and the inverter is dead I just meter out the compressor and then cange the fan motor and inverter and bingo it all works. I don't know if my fault procedure is correct but it seems to work until I come across a twin blower when I just replace both so my question is how does anyone meter these motors out when it is impossible to get your multimeter into the pinholes on the plug daikin just say I get what u mean but here are the resistance readings anyway. I tried chopping the leads once but the wires were so thin the results were inconclusive.

Re: Daikin fan motor testing

Get the really thin test leads from fluke work a dream mate.

Rs components part number 4560427

There the ones you want mate. They get into any plug you want.

Personally I've not had a inverter board blown, If you power down disconnect the fan then power back up you should have the green LED flash then you know it's just the fan motor

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

You also need the Daikin service manual which will give you the test procedure for the motor.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

The service manual tells you to check the resistance between the leads but the plug is too small !!

I used to use a couple of paper clips pushed into the plug then touch them with your meter leads.

Northy303, just buy the proper leads?? All the manufacturers are the same so would be a good investment

Northy, were any of these faults on RX outdoors?

alec
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Mainly rzq100 125 and 140 but done A rxs50 that just popped the 3.5 amp fuse on the board so i asked daikin what would happen if i just replaced the fuse and the motor and they said it could damage another part so inverter pc and fan i have done others but always daikin and all of them have been on roofs where the wind have been hitting them full on done another 1 on Monday rzq100bvw1b I think replaced both outdoor fans and inverter again they really are dropping like flies

Quote Originally Posted by Deano240 View Post
    Northy303, just buy the proper leads?? All the manufacturers are the same so would be a good investment
    Thanks deano your right they do seem a bit pricey but my boss has told me i can pick some up so try and get down to rs today thanks again for the info