Change temp sensor on a PAR-21MAA

Hey guys does anyone know how to change which temperature sensor controls operation of the unit on a PAR-21MAA wired controller. I want to switch control from the sensor in the controller to the one located in the return air plenum. Any advice would be great.

Re: Change temp sensor on a PAR-21MAA

And trying to go into Function mode by pressing filter and test does not work.

Tried it with the remote controller on and off with no result. It is on a vessel and there are 9 of them. I have tried it on every controller and none of then will go to function mode with the controler on or off. There is only one with the thermo sensor set to the remote controller and it errors with 5103.

Link to Emanuelle: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...ZPZDzbsX_1pmcA

Page 6 says to hold filter and test, in fact it takes you through the temperature location setting. Easy I guess once you've done it a few times, well, you'd like to think so anyway but looks like you've already tried that??

Mentions elsewhere that only for Mr Slim, not City Multi. Dunno myself but worth a fiddle.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Yep tried that. So how do you change it on a multi?

So how is it that 8 of these units have the thermo sensors set on the head unit and only this one is on the remote controller? There must be a way of changing it!

Sounds like you have a City Multi system. Set SW 1 No. 1 to off to use thermistor in the unit. You might also want to set SW 3 No. 8 to on to take 4K off in heating (factory default setting) if not already set.

Can you advise in a little more detail how you do this on the city multi system.

My friend has an apartment which has we assume city multi as you cannot get into the settings on the remote controller to change the thermister settings. The unit is reading from the return air sensor on the unit which is causing issues in temp control in her small apartment as the unit is reading the return air from the cold hallway. The controller is in the lounge and there is a glass partition that separates the lounge from her bedroom with a gap between to allow air to circulate.

How do we go about changing the thermister setting, is it a dip switch on indoor units?