Samsung DVM VRF recovery/pressure test setting

Hi

I am working on a samsung RVMR100GCMO DVM series 3 pipe system which a previous engineer has claimed to have lost all its gas. I am in the process of pressure testing the system however I'm not sure if like other 3 pipe systems I have worked on, it has an "open valve" setting to make sure I am pressure testing the full system.

I have no info/manuals for this system and cannot find anything online that might indicate how I can do this, there are a few buttons on the outdoor pcb which look like they could be used in a way to make the system do this like Iv seen on other systems.

Has anybody worked on a similar system in the past by Samsung that might know or have any info on them? Iv trawled the net for anything and samsungs after sales service Iv found is shocking, I literally can't find one contact for any air conditioning specific material.

Thanks

Re: Samsung DVM VRF recovery/pressure test setting

Hi Deanco and welcome to the forum.

First of all, on all Samsung systems there are a sticker in the outdoor unit that gives you almost all information you need to work on the system, like fault codes and what the push buttons do. In your case, on a DVM unit the sticker is on the front of the cover of the control box, just inside the front cover of the outdoor unit.

But to answer your question; With everything powered up, press [K1] eleven times to open all the valves in the system.

Re the after sales service; Please let me know via PM who you spoken to and I will look in to what have gone wrong.

Last edited by The Viking; 28-06-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks for the reply

I did find the badge on the front of the unit useful however I couldn't find anything regarding the "K" buttons anywhere. That will definitely help. Can you provide a list of functions through these buttons that I might find useful. Is there a way of getting the outdoor unit to flash up faults from the Boxes inside?

Iv got quite a lot of work coming up on these samsung systems and as far as I know they are all riddled with problems, many diagnosed by engineers I have little faith in. Do you have any useful information I can have to refer to? Manuals or anything like that. I literally have zero experience on Samsung kit.

As for after sales I meant I can't find any resources anywhere of contact details of any form of technical line or anything along those lines.

I can't figure out how to pm you by the way, really do appreciate the help though. I can see me requesting your assistance quite a lot over the next week or so ��

OK,
    Samsung's first point of support is their distributors;
    • Freedom AC
    • ESS
    • Gallant AC
    • EasyAir
    • HRP
    • Dysk

Any of these will be able to provide you with the manuals you need as well as direct technical assistance.

Also worth investing in if you have a couple of systems to look at is samsung's laptop interface, MIM-C02N, recommended retail price £180 +VAT but it will save you a lot of time faultfinding. (Can be picked up of the shelf from any of the above distributors)
    You will also need the software to go with the dongle, in your case SnetPro, but this is free and the distributor you get the dongle from will also give you the latest version of the software.

BTW, what site are you working at? I might know it.

I did find a few articles about Samsung having some form of deal with HRP and thought they might be worth a call but thanks that will be a great help.

Il have my company look into the interface, that would definitely be beneficial.

After curing the leaks and clearing the low pressure fault the system began to show a fault which according to the codes is no refrigerant in the system, followed by a CH fault. Again something I haven't witnessed myself, this has been provided by another engineer. I am attending site myself today.

The site I am currently on is pride park travel lodge in Derby and I will be onto Meadowhall travel lodge in Sheffield which I believe is a collection of Samsung equipment too, again with a list of faults as long as my arm.

OK,
    CH isn't actually a fault, it just means that you will have to wait for the Crankcase heater to warm the compressor up. On any Samusng unit push button [K1] is the global reset, on older Samsung kit never turn the power off to reset a fault, if it is cold outside you might have to wait up to 4hrs for the CH to disappear.

But yes, working on those old systems you will definately benifit from being able to see the systems on your laptop.

Viking I think you mean K3 button is the global reset.

I think I know both the sites mentioned - does the Sheffield one have three outdoor units at low level near the road? If so they were totally covered in by buddleia plants, not surprisingly causing an HP trip. There's another condenser compound at the other end of the building.

I work for one of the Samsung distributors Viking mentions - ESS

To prepare the outdoor unit for recovery \ evacuation press K1 x 8 times. Recover \ evacuate from all three interconnecting pipes.

To reset press K3 once.

P.M. me if you need a manual.

Hope this helps

Regards

Lewis