Threaded View

Post subcooling value and condensing split temperatures

Hi,

I have read that, provided we get coherent condensing pressures for a given refrigerant, high subcooling increases the refrigeration capacity. However I have also read "8 K" of subcooling is enough when charging the unit of refrigerant. On the other hand, I have read that high subcooling may indicate overcharge of refrigerant, but then I would get high condensing pressures.

I think I have an oversized condenser, since I do not get high condensing pressures but I get about 15 K of subcooling. Thus my question is:

- What is an advisable value of subcooling and what are the main causes it increases? (provided there is no overcharge and no heat plate exchanger at the condenser output for subcooling the refrigerant).

My second question is related with the condenser split temperature.
    - Given different ambient temperatures, should I always decrease the condensing pressure to maintain the condensing split temperature?

If we have low ambient temperature, let's say 10 ºC, and considering R134a where "normal" condensing pressures would be about 10-13 barg. If I want to maintain the condensing split temperature I should lower it to 5 barg. Is it a common practice? (i'm assuming I have a condenser fan with an inverter I can control the condensing pressure).

Regards,
    Last edited by mrr; 17-06-2016 at 12:51 PM. Reason: clarification