air to water heat pumps

what's the best way to get into installing air to water systems , I have been a fridge bloke for years and have installed loads of splits and cold rooms but with the rhi payments it seems air to water and ground is the way to go

Re: air to water heat pumps

Apply to one of the major manufacturers to go on the relevent training course and you should be good to go.
    As you are entering the hot water/central heating side of the business, having a good knowledge of various types of central heating systems is also an advantage.
    In order for the end user to be able to claim the RHI, both the equipment and the installer have to be MCS Approved.
    As the installer/designer of the system you have to accept the full design responsibility.
    The MCS approval can be slightly time consuming and costly to obtain, but after that, once you have a few succesful installations under your belt, then your reputation will improve in leaps and bounds and the orders should start to flow in.
    Good luck, it is a tricky path to start out on.
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

I think it's quite exciting , i have had a look at a few different types they are really great bits of kit and with the rhi payments I reckon they will be a real money spinner the Mcs should hopefully keep the Cowboys out anyone with a fgas can throw in a split now

It's no different for air to water from what I can sea they are built for plumbers to install most systems are a mono block so comes as sealed unit there are a few splits but very few and with the funding being cut there seems to be a lot of firms lot of staff but less work we do loads of repairs on them and install for others I done all the courses just not enough time to do it they are good bits of kit for the good makes I've been to several installs no lagging units fitted in a garage six bed house with a five kw pump I think in my case if you where to do it five years ago fine now with funding being reduced it may be to late good luck