Flexible refrigerant pipe

Hi guys hope everyone is well?

we have recently been asked to pipe up 6 of Stulz Minispace units DX to external condensers located 20m away. Having a 20m run I have sized the pipes at 7/8 and 5/8 which has been confirmed by Stulz. Turned up this am to be told we couldn't carry out hot work within the building. Job stopped. I really don't want to try forming nice neat bends using soft copper coils in 7/8 copper. The pipe run is quite busy and we have a lot of things to negotiate around. I've only ever used copper pipe and brazing or soft copper coils for smaller pipe sizes. Having been on the internet there seems to be a number of options out there ranging from ref lock aluminium to multi flex pipe. As I have next to no experience outside of copper I was hoping someone could advise me on the best solution. As I said it's a 20m run incorporating 10 bends in 7/8 and 5/8 pipe 2m rise so no need for oil traps. Any advise most welcome. Oh and it's on R407C

many thanks
    Dave

Re: Flexible refrigerant pipe

Last edited by RANGER1; 08-06-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Hi Ranger1

Have you had any experience with working with this method? I've seen the crimp press method used for plumbing but never for refrigerant. Are there any pitfalls to look out for?

many thanks

dave

Blog Entries

Hi

do you know of a uk distributor ? Was going to install using Reflok but went into FSW to find out they been pulled due to some legal action in the states? They say Reflok are going belly up.

(While you get an answer on the last question....
    depending on where the room units are going, did you know that many of these units have a safety valve (pressure relief valve) that can potentially blast out refrigerant into AHU and the room, should the system pressure go too high. A friend had a computer display this feature -- the oil went all over the place. A real m£ss. Afterwards he had to pipe away the discharge pipes on quite a few AHUs in case of a repeat. Just thought I would mention it in case you wanted to suggest some safety precautions. This might not just be the case with this close control kit... others might have the same feature, just waiting to spray the room full of oil.)