Fujitsu ASTA09LCC incorrectly wired

Hi all,
    Recently started doing service work at a unit complex that was built in 09, the unit of choice is Fujitsu ASTA09/12/18lcc reverse cycle split systems and it has been discovered that during the construction phase the Sparkys ran the power circuit to the condensers outside but this model has has a 3 pin plus so the head must be powered up but there has only been 3 wires and an earth run to the head unit from the outdoor for the interconnect, the A/N/E has been connected to the flexible lead with connectors and the single wire has been put into terminal 3 on the unit, the units are working fine this way but it is causing the timer and operation lights to flash but not in a sequence as the do to give a fault code there just flashing flat out, I have found out that there is something built into the pcb that will detrct when the unit has been wired in this manner and the flashing lights are indicating there is something wrong even though the units work fine.
    What I need to know is if anyone has encountered this befor and if so is there a way to stop the lights flashing, it will be a very costly exercise to try and run a new wire so the units can be wired the way they are meant to be so it is the last thing we want to do

Thanks in advance for any advice/solutions

Re: Fujitsu ASTA09LCC incorrectly wired

If the unit has indoor power supply then when it wants to cool it will power up the outdoor unit and serial communication will begin.

In your case the outdoor would be permanently energized so it will be sending out communication to the indoor when the indoor isn't expecting it to and an error code should be generated.

Got a bit out of the manual here which goes on about the codes but perhaps yours is not quite as described?

Sure you can get a service manual from the internet, this would give you the error codes, 4 operation and 3 timer flashes for main relay stuck on would be the code in this case. Have got them but too much of a flaff to load up but let me know and I can email it direct.

Error Lights.jpg

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Re: Fujitsu ASTA09LCC incorrectly wired

Quote Originally Posted by Deisel01 View Post
    Hi all,
    What I need to know is if anyone has encountered this befor and if so is there a way to stop the lights flashing, it will be a very costly exercise to try and run a new wire so the units can be wired the way they are meant to be so it is the last thing we want to do
    Thanks in advance for any advice/solutions
    Tayters is on the money

Yes I have seen this before
    and
    No there is nothing you can do about it apart from getting another conductor installed between the Indoor and outdoor so that the active from the power supply goes to the Indoor first and the outdoor gets de energised when the Indoor tells it to.

Your customer should have jumped up and down and made them sort it out in 2009 not now :-(